Something delicious is hiding inside those peppers!! Dive into this recipe for delectable stuffed bell peppers with me.
I promise these are NOT those soggy, watery stuffed peppers you may have been served in the past.
The secret here is to pre-cook the filling so you can cook the peppers just enough to make them warm but still crispy. Texture is 100% important when it comes to the enjoyment of this dish.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Active Cook Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 6 peppers; 12 halves
- 1 cup of dry rice; approximately 2 cups of cooked rice (in rice cooker or on stove) – OPTIONAL. Omit rice for low carb option.
1/2 large red onion, diced
- mince 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup carrots; shredded or small dice
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil; or other unrefined cooking oil such as organic coconut oil, ghee, or grassfed butter.
- Cut 6 bell peppers in half and clean out seeds or 20 mini peppers
- Grate a small block of parmesan cheese or use pre-shredded
- 1.25 pound of lean ground beef
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Dice onion
- Mince garlic
- Shred or dice carrots
- Wash peppers. Cut peppers in half and clean out ribs and seeds
- Preheat large skillet over medium heat
- Sauté onions and garlic with a small amount of cooking oil
- Add carrots and cook until starting to soften, 2 minutes
- Add salt and pepper
- Add in ground beef and brown until cooked all the way through; chop and flip repeatedly
- Add salt, pepper, a pinch of red pepper flakes
- If using rice, add in the cooked rice and combine well
- Fill peppers with the cooked mixture; press/pack the filling in the peppers
- Top with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese
- Bake in oven for 10-15 minutes; peppers will still be firm and cheese on top should be melted
View the video tutorial for the complete step-by-step:
Let me know if you make this recipe! It’s one of my FAVORITES and incredibly easy to put together.
September 1, 2022
April 21, 2022