Easy Homemade Lip Balm
Making your own lip balm is easy! Check out this recipe that took me 9 minutes to make 32 tubes of lip balm.
- lip balm tubes
- a rubber band
- double boiler or pyrex liquid measuring cup that can be heated
- shea butter
- coconut oil
- essential oils of your choice. My favorites are lavender, frankincense & peppermint
Single batch measurements (16 tubes)
- 2 Tbsp shea butter
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1.5 Tbsp bees wax
Double Batch (32 tubes)
- 4 Tbsp shea butter
- 4 Tbsp coconut oil
- 3 Tbsp bees wax
- Remove tops from the lip balm tubes and stand them up. Place a rubber band around the tubes so they all stand up in a honeycomb-type shape.
- Melt the coconut oil, shea butter, and beeswax in a double boiler or a microwave pyrex liquid measuring cup. Microwave for 30 seconds initially, stir, then return to microwave in 10-15 second increments until the mixture is completely melted.
- Remove from heat and add essential oils. I use 30 drops of essential oils for a single batch and 60 drops of essential oils for a double batch. It comes out to about 2 drops of essential oil per tube of lip balm.
Favorite combos of mine:
equal drops of lavender, frankincense, peppermint
equal drops of Thieves and orange vitality
- Slowly pour the mixture into the tubes; 1 at a time.
- Let the tubes cool and solidify for at least 30 minutes before capping the tubes and removing the rubber band.
Let me know what you think of this recipe! Let’s connect using the form below. Do you have a favorite lip balm flavor that I need to know about? I would love to hear it!