Super simple bacon-wrapped jalapeño poppers
I love that this recipe only has 5 simple ingredients! It’s takes just a little bit of prep work and the flavor combination is incredibly flavorful and satisfying. These are perfect for party appetizers…but good luck having enough leftover to share 😉
Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers
DIETARY RESTRICTION: Egg Free, Gluten Free, Peanut/Tree-Nut Free
ACTIVE TIME: 20 minutes
COOK TIME: 25 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 45 minutes
SERVINGS (Adjust to suit): 24 pieces
CALORIES: 31 kcal
- 12 jalapeños
- 1 block cream cheese, (low fat version not recommended), softened to room temperature
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried onion or onion powder
- 6 slices bacon, raw
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix the cream cheese, onion (dried or powder), and garlic powder in a small bowl and set aside.
- Slice each jalapeño down the middle and use a spoon to remove the seeds and ribs. If desired, this step can be done while wearing latex gloves, but whatever you do don’t rub your eyes after handling the pepper seeds!
- Cut the raw bacon in half using either a knife or culinary scissors.
- Using a spoon, fill the jalapeño halves with cream cheese. It’s okay if it gets a little messy.
- Wrap one small piece of bacon around each cream cheese-filled jalapeño with the bacon seam on the bottom.
- Protect the baking sheet with a piece of foil and place a drying rack or other cooking rack on top of the foil-lined baking sheet. Place the completed jalapeños on the rack so the bacon grease can drain onto the foil.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 20 – 25 minutes or until the bacon looks brown and crisp. (In class, we cooked them with the air fryer and it worked out beautifully! 360 for about 15 minutes; checked them and put them back in a for 3-5 more minutes based on the crispiness of bacon)
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Watch the video tutorial: