InstantPot Monkey Bread
If you are a traditionalist about Monkey Bread, you might not want to read this. This recipe is so different than the old way of rising and fussing.
Intrigued? Read on!
Instant Pot Monkey Bread
PREP TIME: 5 minutes
COOK TIME: 25 minutes
ADDITIONAL TIME: 15 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 45 minutes
- 1 can of southern buttered Grands biscuits or bread dough. Frozen bread dough also works well or homemade bread dough; fresh or frozen. I personally think it is better with bread dough over biscuits but that is personal preference.
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 1/2 cup of light brown sugar
- 2 pieces of foil
- 1 bundt pan
- Prep a bundt pan with butter or oil to make it non-stick
- In a large bowl or plastic ziplock bag, add sugar and cinnamon. Combine well.
- Cut 8 biscuits in quarters or 1-loaf worth of bread dough cut into 1″ pieces and add to sugar mixture, and coat thoroughly.
- Place sugar coated biscuit/bread pieces into a bundt pan.
- Add butter and brown sugar into a small bowl, and place in the microwave for 45 seconds or gently melt on the stovetop. Once butter is melted, stir throughly with a fork. Pour this caramel sauce over the contents of the bundt pan.
- Cover the bundt pan with a piece of foil.
- Add 1 cup of water to your InstantPot, and place the trivet in the bottom of your IP.
- Make a foil sling by folding a piece of foil into thirds so it is strong and make the piece long enough to fit under the bundt pan; this is to make it easy to lift the pan out of the pot when it is done cooking.
- Lay the foil sling on the counter, place the bundt pan on top and ensure the sides are long enough to grip. Use the sling to lower the bundt pan into the InstantPot and set it on the trivet.
- Place on Manual High Pressure for 25 minutes, and natural pressure release (NPR) for 15 minutes…then do a quick release (QR).
- Take out and serve!
*I use an 8-quart InstantPot which fits a full-size bundt pan
*If you have a 6-quart InstantPot, you might have to use 2 mini-loaf pans instead of a bundt pan. In that case, make the full recipe but put half in each of the two loaf pans. Adjust cook time to 21-minutes on High pressure with a 5-min NPR.
Let me know if you enjoyed this recipe!