Easy homemade french fries
French fries taste so good but they get a bad wrap because processed and oil-fried fries are pretty unhealthy for you. These easy homemade french fries contain only whole-food ingredients and can be eaten guilt-free in moderation. They’re not any worse than eating a nice hearty baked potato; so go ahead and enjoy!
*Note: Plan ahead because these potatoes need to soak for 1 hour before cooked
Large potatoes, washed and peeled
Olive oil – just a drizzle
Salt – just a pinch
Ice water bath
1. Wash and peel potatoes
2. Cut potatoes into matchsticks (remember, cut the potato into planks, then into sticks)
3. Soak in an icy cold water bath for 1 hour to draw out extra starch, this makes them super crispy
4. Oven method: Pre-heat oven to 375 F. Air Fryer method: set temp to 330
5. Rinse the potatoes in cold water and dry well with a clean towel
6. Put potatoes in a clean bowl
7. Drizzle with olive oil and a pinch of salt
8. Toss the potatoes, olive oil, and salt together
9. Spread on a baking sheet or into the air fryer drawer
10. Oven: cook at 375F for 20 min. Then turn up the heat to 425 for 15 minutes.
11. Air fryer method: cook at 330 for 15 minutes. Check and toss the fries. Add time as necessary.
12. Optional: top with chopped fresh herbs of your choice. I like parsley and a drizzle of truffle olive oil.