Easy Breakfast Burritos
Breakfast all day long? Yes, please! Today we made breakfast burritos with a few simple ingredients. The best part of breakfast burritos is that it’s customizable to each person and it’s easy to feed a crowd with these.
Tortillas (1 per person)
Scrambled egg (1 per burrito)
Shredded cheese (0.5 oz per burrito)
Bell pepper, diced (optional appx 1-2 Tbsp per burrito)
Breakfast sausage (plan 1 link per burrito)
Onion white or green, diced (optional)
Homemade Pico Gallo – diced tomatoes, onions, jalapeno with ribs and seeds removed, cilantro, 3-4 drops Lime Vitality essential oil. Olive oil and salt & pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Place tortillas on a baking sheet and warm them in the oven for a few minutes.
- Wash and dice all vegetables
- Each team will prep one ingredient for the pico de gallo – small diced onion, cilantro, jalapeno, tomatoes
- Place sausage links in a large skillet with ¼ cup water and heat over medium heat covered. Rotating occasionally. These frozen links are already cooked through so we just need to heat them up.
- Crack egg into a bowl. Add 1 Tbsp water and beat with a fork; folding in the water
- Heat small skillet with a tsp of avocado oil
- Saute bell peppers, add eggs and cook through. Sprinkle cheese on top of cooked eggs if desired.
- Remove a warm tortilla from the oven, place on your plate and pour the egg mixtures on top. Add a sausage link and pico de gallo.
Do some research online or through a nutrition app to find out how much protein is in 1 breakfast burrito.
We watched this video to learn a little bit about what protein does for our body. It’s used in building muscles but there’s more to muscle than just protein intake. Check it out: