The secret ingredient in deviled eggs
Searching for the best deviled egg recipe for the one secret ingredient? Look no further! It’s right here.
I assume you have hard boiled eggs but if you still need to make them – use the 4-5-5 Instant Pot method for easy-peelers. 4 min on high pressure, 5 min NPR, QR, 5 min ice bath.
Now for the deviled yolks.
- 6 large hard boiled eggs
- 3 Tbsp avocado mayo (I like the garlic avocado may from Primal Kitchen)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar – there you go, the secret ingredient!
- 1 tsp prepared dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- paprika for garnish, I like smoked paprika for that extra depth of flavor
- Mix the mayo, mustard, and apple cider vinegar in a medium bowl
- Slice the eggs lengthwise in half
- Scoop out the yolks into the mayo mixture, leaving the egg white in tact
- Lay the egg white out in your serving or storage dish
- Thoroughly mash the egg yolk mixture until smooth
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Scoop or pipe the yolk filling into the egg white halves
- Sprinkle paprika from a high height for good distribution
September 1, 2022
April 21, 2022