Cilantro Lime Shrimp
- Avocado oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced. Can be red, yellow, or white
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- Raw shrimp (1-2lb). I plan for 1/3 pound per person. Thawed.
- 1/4 cup white wine
- Salt & pepper
- Olive oil
- Lime Vitality essential oil or the zest of 1/2 lime
- Washed, chopped cilantro
- Heat a large saute pan over medium heat with a small amount of avocado oil. I prefer to the use avocado oil spray for even coverage.
- Add the sliced onion and minced garlic, reduce heat to med-low and let the onions caramelize but not burn for 2-3 minutes
- Add 1/4 cup white wine (any dry white wine will work, or you can use white cooking wine). Turn heat up to medium and let the liquid cook down for 2 minutes.
- Move onions to the outer edges of the pan and place shrimp in a single layer. We’ll do several batches until all the shrimp is cooked.
- Sprinkle with salt & pepper
- Flip each shrimp over to cook the other side until just pink. Be careful not to overcook them to maintain a tender texture.
- Move cooked shrimp to a serving bowl and cook the next single-layer batch of shrimp; adding salt & pepper to each batch.
- When all the shrimp has been cooked and moved to the serving bowl, turn off the heat.
- Combine 2-3 Tbsp good quality extra virgin olive oil with 3-5 drops of lime essential oil or the zest of 1/2 lime. Add this to the saute pan that is still hot. Add the cooked shrimp back in and toss together with the cilantro.
- Serve over pasta noodles, zoodles, rice, or a salad.